Monday, June 20, 2011

The Night Before

Monday, June 20, 2011

  It's the night before we leave!  The bikes are boxed up, and we're nearly finished packing.  There are so many details to keep track of, I have a nagging feeling that I'm going to forget something...

  I received a surprise call from Jon Erlingur Jonasson today.  He is the Deputy Permanent Representative at Iceland's Mission to the United Nations, and over the past few months has given me lots of help.  His surprise: a set of detailed maps of Iceland!  I was going to look for some in Reykjavik, but Jon saved me the trouble.  I will bring a GPS on the ride, but will use these paper maps as backup.  Jon was in the middle of a hectic day at work, but made time to meet with me.  Thanks Jon!

Here's a pic of the two of us

No comments:

Post a Comment