I've been collecting Sho (age 10) and Saya's (age 4) random comments over the trip so far and thought I'd share some. Enjoy!
- When cycling by a pasture of horses staring at us, Sho said, "We think they're beautiful, but they think we're ugly."
- "I want to live in Iceland. It has lots of public soccer fields, unlike New York City."
- When I asked him to buckle a pannier (bike bag), Sho complained, "I'm like a housekeeper now."
- Regarding Iceland: "There's so much nature here!" and, "The food just plain tastes better here."
- Saya complained when I told her that we would swim in a thermal pool at the end if the day, not first thing in the morning: "But tonight is tomorrow, and I wanted today!"
- Looking out at the incredible view of the ocean from the rocky coast on Heimaey (Westman Islands), Saya asked, "Are we in the middle of nowhere?"
- Trying to figure out the time: "Is it today or tomorrow right now?"
- Anticipating a tail wind while cycling: "Soon we'll become awesome."
- "Owls swoop down and eat them. And that's not good for the cute little mouses."
- "I saved my burp to tomorrow."
- "I like she more better."
- Standing beside a raging glacial river flowing through a large, bleak lava field in southern Iceland, Saya commented, "This is busy town!"
- Whenever Saya burps, she says, "Good one, right?"
- "Daddy, when I grow'd up, I want to buy a baby girl. I want a kid, but not one that grows up."
- When I supervised her putting a piece of bread into a toaster: "Daddy, this is so exciting! With my hand, I putted it all by myself."
- An Iceland Bike Adventure post